Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nesting & Crafting



I've been inspired to make our little Owen a mobile ever since I made one for my friend Monica. When I saw this bouncy chair I knew my theme! Woodland animals! I also love Lisa's felt designs at 5 Orange potatoes. Check out her and her daughters adorable creations. I love this post on sewing with children. This is where I fell in love with her owls. I love the way it came out! Thanks for the inspiration Lisa!

So, I wish I could say the beautiful beads and bells were the plan all along. I realized as I put the mobile together that I had thought about aesthetics but not balance. The mobile was completely lopsided! So, luckily I had some beautiful beads and bells stocked away. I added them to create the right weight and I love how they add to the magic of the theme.


After I made the mobile I wanted a wall hanging to match. So I made this using a similar tree design, a couple of toadstools and an owl. I sewed vintage & not so vintage buttons on the tree. I plan to buy more gold bells to hang from the bottom.

I've made a little baby corner in our bedroom where these things will live. There's a changing table and a rocking chair. Contrast that with the crib (that I never used), bassinet (that I never used), changing table, rocking chair, etc. that I had with Michael. It's nice to simplify.

Now I have to figure out how to hang my mobile from a 10+ foot ceiling with no ladder. I'll post a picture when I have it all together.

7 comments:

  1. I am speechless with how beautiful this turned out! Really, really beautiful! The girls also adored both the mobile and wall hanging. Your little baby boy is going to mesmorized by them both. I am making my friend (due in July) an ocean themed mobile. Ocean animals is a new theme for me, why couldn't she have gone for woodland? I hope you share pictures of the nutsery, I bet it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind that I snagged a couple of photos and bragged about this on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Thanks so much! I can't wait to see your ocean themed mobile. I will share pics of our little nursery.

    Absolutely, brag away, include my link too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!! Hedgehogs and mushrooms are my "thang"...My DS never had a mobile. I promise not to be so lame for the next one and this is just the sort of theme I would like for him/her. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Becca~ catching up and loving your felt crafting! You certainly rock the house mama! I ordered wool and a wool/acrylic blend online that I love love love. If you haven't found a source, shoot me an email and I'll send you a link.
    xoxo
    Connor

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest mobile I have ever seen! EVER! Your blog is so cute...I am following you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant believe I missed this! SO adorable!!!!
    I'm very interested in how you made the top part... I am trying to make a mobile but my tops never turn out very nice... yours is perfect! What did you cover? Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my sweet little part of the world! Please come by often and leave a comment! I love to get your feedback and know that my friends and family have visited!