Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fairy Garden Accessories...



We've been in miniature mood lately.  The boys and I began by making some sweet little bowls and cups out of acorn caps.  They are surprisingly easy to make with just a file.  Then we had to set the tiny table and of course Mommy decided a couple of place mats were in order. To be honest I'm not sure the boys really cared about the place mats.  That's ok, Moms can play too.

We also played with some of the other miniatures in our craft stash.  We made wreaths to decorate the fairy garden and our gnome tree house.  We also made a little bird nest with wax eggs.

Then I happened to see this post & video, at Anne of Green Gardens.  It's a whole fairy village!  The video tells all about her process of putting it together and what plants she used.  Anyway, in the video there is a cute little hanging basket behind them while they talk.  Since I had a few of those baskets lying around I decided to make one!  Owen and I went and bought little rosemary & lemon thyme "trees" & tiny peppermint ground cover along with some teeny tiny gravel.  Where the pine cone is I want a little house.  Perhaps I'll make one.  I can't wait to see it once the plants have filled out a little.  I can see the basket from my place at the breakfast table and I kind of love it!

We also bought some herbs for the boys' fairy garden or as they like to call it the "gnome garden". So far they have put it together all by themselves. When we're finished with it, I'll post some pictures. 

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. How clever! and very sweet. I love the placemat..adds that finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your miniatures Becca, especially the fabric "table cloths" and how they bring a burst of colour to the garden!
    It's still a bit too chilly to be fairy gardening in our parts but I love seeing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Becca...I've been wanting to make a fairy garden...do you mind if I share your post on my blog? Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, Sure, you can share a link or a picture and link to my post. They are really fun to make, my boys really enjoying playing with theirs. :)

      Becca

      Delete

Welcome to my sweet little part of the world! Please come by often and leave a comment! I love to get your feedback and know that my friends and family have visited!