Monday, June 14, 2010

Adventure calls...


So, we are moving from New Mexico.  We've talked about it for years but many things have kept us rooted.  In our ten years here we have grown to love the land, relaxed pace and people.  My husband and I honeymooned in Santa Fe, moved to New Mexico as newlyweds, finished up our degrees and had our babies here.  I've made so many wonderful friends, found my funky Mama crowd and my parenting groove.  It may not be goodbye for long. I have a feeling New Mexico will always be calling us.

So this July the kids and I will be moving to rural New York, where both my husband and I grew up, to stay with my Mom.   Meanwhile my dear husband will stay here in New Mexico, to save some money to move us permanently this winter.  It will be difficult being apart but Michael and I are really looking forward to spending time with Grandparents and all our extended family. It's been so long since we've been able to spend unhurried time with family. Only my Mom has even met our baby Owen!   I'm so looking forward to getting back to my roots, enjoying the seasons and letting my kids explore the beautiful lush nature of the countryside.

It's possible we could end up right back here in New Mexico if job opportunities allow.  Regardless, we're moving boldly forward wherever that may take us.  Adventure calls.

We are answering and expecting only good!

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you and your family on this new adventure, one door closes and another opens, love and light Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray, love those cloth nappies!!
    xx " each step in the journey is the journey".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy adventuring - its a grand thing! One never knows what exciting paths may unfold. We are in the process of planning an adventure too - from England back to Africa.
    Best wishes on your move

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photo. we too are moving, to be close to my husband's family, and our seven-month-old boy LOVES to play in cardboard boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my sweet little part of the world! Please come by often and leave a comment! I love to get your feedback and know that my friends and family have visited!