3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 c sugar, white, brown or honey
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c garbanzo bean flour
1 c brown rice flour
(or 1 1/2 c. regular flour for non-gf)
1tsp xantham gum (leave out for non-gf)
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 tsp dried, minced lavender
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T milk
Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp dried, minced lavender
milk or non-dairy substitute to thin to desired consistency
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease & dust bundt pan with rice flour. Cream butter & sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until mix is glossy and thick. Mince lavender with a mortar and pestle, fold in lavender, vanilla and milk. Add dry ingredients. Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. A tip from my friend Monica- put a small cookie sheet with water in it, on the lower metal rack to add moisture. Let cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto plate to cool further. Make glaze and drizzle. Garnish with Lavender.



Your gonna make this for me and your mom when you get home right?
ReplyDeleteMom doesn't like it. She doesn't' like lavender so much. But I'll make it for us! I'll bring home some lavender.
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!
Yeah she told me she didnt care for it, I would try it. Can't wait. See ya soon.
ReplyDeleteYum! This does sound delicious, I don't know how I missed it when you first posted it. Garbanzo bean flour? I must find some of that, I'm sure the local health food store carries it.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Lisa :)
Can't wait to try this, our lavender bush is producing like crazy! (Glad to find your blog, MamaWestwind!
ReplyDeleteI love how you were able to keep this lavender cake gluten free.
ReplyDelete-Zane of ontario honey
I made this- gluten free AND vegan. Used flaxseed 'eggs' and non-dairy milk. It came out perfectly! The only thing I was surprised about is that is calls for a bundt pan but only fills 1/3-1/2 of the pan! So maybe double it if you want a full bundt pan :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie! It's true it does only fill half the pan. I should double it next time, More goodness to go around. I've also made it in a glass square pan and it works well.
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing! So sweet and so beautiful! Happy to connect with you! I am a mamma to two chocolate eyed boys too :) Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)
ReplyDeleteThe party will be GREAT this week! We are giving away a tote full of goodies from Namaste Foods! The items are gluten free and allergy friendly! Can't wait to see what you bring to the party!
Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com
Just a quick note to let you know I featured this recipe at one of my favorites at this week's Gluten Free Fridays link up! I can't wait to see what you link up this week! :) Cindy
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for featuring it Cindy!
ReplyDeleteBecca